UNICEF funded ANECCA to provide technical assistance to Uganda Ministry of Health for National Level Scale up of Quality Adolescent HIV, sexual/reproductive health and Paediatric HIV services for the period of 2016 and 2017. ANECCA has so far supported the Ministry of Health in the following areas;
Accomplishments under UNICEF project;
- Conducted country-wide assessment of services for adolescents conducted and priority actions for accelerating and improving the quality of adolescent services.
- Supported supervision activities by regional performance monitoring, implementing partners and central MOH teams to collect adolescent SRH/HIV service delivery data
- Developed and disseminated national paediatric HIV and adolescent care and treatment service provider mentoring toolkit to scale up quality services.
- A freely accessible mobile device Application (App) of the national paediatric and adolescent HIV care and treatment service provider mentoring tool kit
- Developed and disseminated a Clinical Job Aide (Handbook on Paediatric AIDS in Africa – 2014) to scale up quality services.
- Trained national and regional paediatric and adolescent HIV trainers and Ministry of Health Regional Performance Monitoring teams (RPMTs) on use of the national paediatric HIV and adolescent care and treatment service provider mentoring tool kit.
- Developed and disseminated a national and district level pediatric HIV care and treatment services scale up plan with M&E framework
- Conduct regional paediatric HIV care and treatment QI performance review workshops
Organize the Annual joint paediatric HIV care and treatment and PMTCT workshop